Amenities: Free Parking, Free Wi-Fi, Bath or Shower, flatscreen TV
When you travel along the Wild Atlantic Way to Baltimore our job is to help you rest in comfortable beds, relax, refresh and enjoy the unique and majestic beauty of West Cork, hide yourself away in our cosy pub with a lovely creamy pint of stout or a traditional craft ale from our Nano-Brewery (Ireland's 1st Brew-Hotel), beside a crackling fireside or enjoy a wild trip out to Cape Clear Island, laze in bed and enjoy the spectacular view or even climb Loughine Hill and enjoy a 25 mile view of beautifull West Cork knowing that beyond the horizon the next Parish is New York…. Casey’s of Baltimore (a member of Original Irish Hotels) is the perfect West Cork accommodation to hideaway in romantic luxury, knowing our only purpose is to make your time amongst us as welcoming, comfortable and memorable as possible.
Treat someone to a fabulous West Cork experience at Casey's of Baltimore with one of our Gift Vouchers. A Gift Card could be used towards a stay in the comfort of the Hotel, Lodge or the Cottage. Alternatively, choose dinner in our much-loved Seafood Restaurant or sample some of the renowned craft beer courtesy of the West Cork Brewing Company. No matter what the occasion, these gift vouchers are sure to impress and delight.
Remember to Book Direct for Best Rates
Conference / Meeting Venue in Baltimore, West Cork, Southern Ireland
Number of people seated in theatre style: 55.
Room size: 6m x 6m
**Our prices include VAT and Services
Standard Day Only Package (€20.00) includes:
Podium with Microphone
Overhead Projector & Screen
Flipchart & Pens
Conference Pad & Pencil
Wi-Fi, E-mail & Broadband Facilities
Helicopter Landing Area
Free Car Park
Morning & Afternoon Tea or Coffee and Scones
Optional extra services include:
Music can be arranged if required
Finger buffet and vegetarian options available on request
Dinner if Required
Special Conference Accommodation Rate Sunday to Friday All Year Email
Caseys of Baltimore Environmental Policy
At Caseys of Baltimore Hotel we take the potential negative effects on the environment that the activities of our business can cause, very seriously.
In line with this we will continually strive to improve our environmental practices in a range of areas including energy and water useage. We will also continue to develop a number of ecotourism experiences for our customers to enjoy.
The following are actions have taken by us and continue to be taken to minimize our footprint on the environment in conjunction with the
1 Green Village concept.
• All food waste and waste office paper is collected for composting.
• All garden waste is composted and then reused in the garden.
• Cardboard packaging, newspapers, magazines, glass, cans, plastic bottles and used light bulbs and batteries are all returned to our suppliers or collected for recycling. We are committed to further reducing waste to landfill.
We removed all single use wrappers, (biscuits, sauces, & Butter) from the Bar, Restaurant, & Bedrooms and replaced them with homemade biscuits and refillable containers for sauces.
Plastic Drinking Straws & Take Away Coffee cups have been replaced with Bio Degradable types.
• All of our heating and hot water is generated by new and efficient combination condensing oil boilers. We have replaced all radiator valves with thermostatic versions. In Caseys of Baltimore Hotel & Baltimore Townhouse Accommodation we use solar panels to preheat our hot water supply to approx 30 Deg C. In Baltimore Cottage we use an energy effecient Heat Pump run mostly on Night Rate Electricity to provide under floor Heating from an underground source
• All heating, hot water, refrigeration and electrical equipment is serviced and maintained regularly.
• When replacing electrical equipment only “A” rated appliances are purchased.
• We are gradually replacing light bulbs used in the hotel with low energy led versions.
• We use timber trimmed from our own trees, hedges & Waste Wood from pallets etc for firewood.
• We bottle our own water from our own private underground spring for use in our bedrooms and restaurant. In our newer rooms we pipe our spring water directly to the Cold water Tap in the bathrooms. The same Spring supplies the hotel. Glass bottles are reused.
We are an active member of the 'Free Refill Water' initiative, a voluntary environmental project leading the way to make Ireland a tap water refilling country again. it avoids unnecessary (single use) plastic drinking water bottle waste.
• We strive to use own garden herbs, & vegetables which are organically grown, for use by our kitchen whenever possible.
• We do not use weed killers or other harmful chemicals in our gardens or carpark.
• As much as possible of our food is sourced from local producers thereby reducing food miles (the distance that food must travel to get from farm to fork). Products such as meat, fresh fish, smoked fish, salads, eggs and cheeses are mostly from the locality. As much produce as possible is sourced from small artisan producers.
• We are in the process of changing to provide high quality refillable natural bath products in our guest bathrooms, & Public rooms.
• We send e-invoices were possible to reduce the amount of paper that we use and also re-use paper at the front desk and offices.
• We support environmentally sustainable tourism by encouraging guests to walk or cycle while staying at the hotel. We have walking maps available at reception for Baltimore & The Islands . We host many small walking and cycling groups at the hotel.
• We have an electric car charging point (3Kw slow charger) (provided by the ESB ) for use by hotel guests.
• We support local community fundraising events and help fundraising efforts for local charities, Baltimore Tidy Towns, Baltimore Community Council, Ilen Rovers GAA Club, & Skibbereen Rowing Club .
Our future objectives are:
To further reduce our energy useage.
To eliminate kerosene oil as an energy source by replacing the oil condensing boilers with units using a more sustainable fuel.
To further reduce our waste generation particularly food waste.
To completely eliminate single use plastic products. Butter wrappers, Condiment Sachets, Plastic Straws, Plastic Coffee Cups are being replaced.
To plant more trees in our grounds.
Provide opportunities for guests to carbon neutral their visit.
You can play your part:
• We welcome any questions or suggestions. Please do not hesitate to contact us at Reception.
Natural Area Focus
We encourage our guests to interact with the natural environment of the Baltimore through walking, Cycling, birdwatching, botany and education.
We encourage our guests to leave the car behind and explore the area.
Benefiting Local Communities
We work actively with other local business whether through informal referrals or through formal partnerships. We purchase as many quality local products and services as is possible. We also contribute to local fundraising activities, for example the Baltimore Tidy Towns Committee,
Visitor feedback is important in helping us maintain and improve our products and services, including our environmental practices. All guests are given a Customer Feedback Form and are encouraged to complete it.
We use web-based marketing activities as much as possible and have a strict policy of not using mailshots. We keep in contact with regular customers through the use of e-zines & Social Media.
Cultural Respect and Awareness
Staff at the hotel are encouraged to be respectful of the culture of visiting guests. Equally, guests are encouraged to be respectful and aware of local culture and sensitivities. Guests are encouraged to interact locally in pubs, or through traditional music and dancing or local events such as sporting activities.
Leave No Trace
Leave No Trace Ireland is a network of organisations and individuals with an interest in promoting the responsible recreational use of the outdoors. As increasing numbers of people seek the beauty and exhilaration of outdoor recreation, our collective mark on the environment and its natural processes, increases. Litter, disturbance to vegetation, water pollution, wildlife, livestock and other people are all indicators of the need to develop a national ethic that protects both natural and cultural heritage. Techniques designed to minimise the social and environmental impacts to these areas are incorporated into the Leave No Trace Programme.
The Seven Principles of Leave No Trace:
At the heart of Leave No Trace are seven principles for reducing the damage caused by outdoor activities. These are:
1. Plan Ahead and Prepare
2. Be Considerate of Others
3. Respect Farm Animals and Wildlife
4. Travel and Camp on Durable Ground
5. Leave What You Find
6. Dispose of Waste Properly
7. Minimise the Effects of Fire
Leave No Trace Ireland promotes and inspires responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships. The programme strives to build awareness, appreciation and respect for Ireland's natural and cultural heritage and is dedicated to creating a nationally recognised and accepted outdoor ethic that promotes personal responsibility.
It encourages all outdoor enthusiasts (e.g. walkers, mountain bikers, canoeists, orienteerers, horse riders) to do their part to maintain those lands used by the public for the benefit of the environment and for future generations. Practicing a Leave No Trace ethic is simple. Make it hard for others to see or hear you and LEAVE NO TRACE of your visit.
Sail a yacht, hire a boat, take the ferry, go scuba diving, sightseeing, deep-sea fishing, swimming, island hopping in Baltimore, golfing in Skibbereen, or pitch & putt... take leisurely walks on country lanes...cycle the byways with the magnificent West Cork islands as a backdrop...enjoy a visit to the Baltimore Community Leisure Centre... the choice is yours ! We are here to tell you about it... Make Casey's of Baltimore Hotel your base and tour the magnificent West Cork region at your leisure... A Helicopter Landing Area, ample car parking spaces.
Baltimore may be reached Ferry to Ireland through the ports of Cork, Rosslare, Dunlaoghaire, or Larne or via Cork, Kerry, Shannon, Knock, Dublin, or Belfast airports.
Whether it's a contemporary wedding, blessings or a civil ceremony, you can relax in the knowledge that your wedding will run smoothly.
Alex Rey - Cork
Thank you all so much for a wonderful stay! It couldn't have been more fantastic. The rooms, food and accommodations were lovely. We are planning our O'Driscoll family stay for next year with you!
Paul o’Driscoll - Mayo, Ireland
Stayed a night, it was so good we stayed another. The place is fantastic, cosy, warm. And the staff are great, welcoming and helpful. Food is some of the best food we have tasted on our trip so far.
Paul C -
Walking home after our meal and sampling the home brew from the on-site West Cork Brewery was just what we needed as we were comfortably stuffed with the large, delicious portions of the freshest seafood around, not to mention the home brew..
Mary B -
Crab and prawn starter was very tasty and four of us had tempura of prawn starter as a main course. This was generous in size and really well cooked.
Mark W -