Caseys of Baltimore is a family run Hotel / Seafood Restaurant / Traditional Pub situated in the Southwest of Ireland,
and we require suitable applicants for position of Chef for Hotel / Seafood Restaurant – Baltimore – West Cork
Fantastic opportunity for a Chef to join a busy operation in Baltimore, West Cork.
The Chef plays a very important part in supporting the Kitchen Team with the delivery of daily kitchen operations including service, training and ordering to ensure that the highest standards of quality are maintained for our customers.
We put enormous care into perfecting our recipes, sourcing great local ingredients and training up our kitchen teams so that our customers can enjoy the most delicious food, freshly made every day, ensuring that every dish is cooked perfectly to our specification, with the utmost dedication to food hygiene and food safety.
To achieve this, you’ll not only need to be a great chef, who thrives in a busy kitchen environment, you’ll also need to be an inspirational leader; encouraging, developing and getting the best from your team, while working closely with the Front of House.
Candidates must have similar experience in Hotel or Restaurant.
Casey’s of Baltimore Hotel is situated in Baltimore, West Cork 100Km from Cork City.
Our hotel is the ideal place to meet for any occasion. There are 16 spacious hotel rooms to choose from including accommodation for families.
Key Responsibilities include:
Must be a all rounder - Capable of working with Banquets, Restaurant and Bar Food. Providing quality food, in line with the high quality standards expected by guests Ensuring health and safety standards within the kitchen are maintained
Ensuring that customers are served great quality food in a timely manner
Work alongside the Kitchen Team in developing the operation.
Providing training, support & guidance to the kitchen Team in other sections as required
Requirements for the Role:
Professionally qualified chef with some experience in a busy hotel/Restaurant Kitchen.
Have a passion for food
High attention to detail
Must have formal HACCP training & experience
Must be target driven and have an excellent understanding of finances, costs, labour control and time management
To create an environment that promotes employee morale and encourages the team to have pride and commitment in their work
Adept with paperwork, legislation.
Ability to work both shift and weekend work
Summary of Things To Do each week:
• Striving to achieve the highest levels of service and quality
• Operating as a role model to the kitchen team, demonstrating the best possible level of service and skill at all times
• Coaching, guiding and encouraging other members of the kitchen team
• Organising and supervising stock rotation within the kitchen ensuring minimal wastage
• Monitoring stock transfers and accurately accounting for any movement of stock
• Ensuring dating and labelling of produce is effectively managed within each section.
• Controlling the kitchen from a financial and quality perspective.
• Supporting the Kitchen Team with the delivery of food safety and health & safety routines
• Assisting with scheduling, team development and recruitment
We also require suitable applicants to train for Part Time (Week-end) Employment Positions in various Departments; Bar, Restaurant, & Kitchen (Commis Chefs).
- qualified for IHF Quality Employer Scheme.
- good working conditions in a friendly atmosphere
We also have Student Placements for students of Hotel and Catering Management.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and any other relevant information to:
Ann & Michael Casey
Caseys of Baltimore Hotel,