If you’re looking for a holiday destination with a difference, or want a weekend break away somewhere, then why not consider West Cork in Southern Ireland? Here’s just 10 of the many reasons you should choose West Cork:
1. West Cork is becoming well known for it’s watersports. The most popular watersports destinations are Baltimore, Schull, Union Hall, Glandore, Crookhaven, Barleycove & Owenachina.
2. West Cork offers many colourfull towns and villages, and is very picturesque. Why not visit Clonakilty, Skibbereen, Bantry, Dunmanway, or Drimoleague?
3. The Lough Ine Nature Reserve is well worth a visit, and is situated between Baltimore & Skibbereen. If you enjoy the great outdoors, or walking, then you’ll love it here in West Cork.
4. If you don’t want to spend your time on West Cork’s beautiful beaches, and want to explore this amazing countryside for yourself, you can do that too.
5. If you’re on a budget then you’ll find that West Cork is great value for money, and an excellent place to visit. You’re sure to want to come back again and again.
6. Baltimore is the Jewel in West Cork’s Crown and has many Walks and Activities to offer, with plenty of wild life on Land & Sea, and also Seafood restaurants, pubs and festivals.
7. The nearest Airport & Seaport -(having the new Cork Swansea Irish Sea Ferry service) - is at Cork City, and offers a gateway to the West Cork region, where theirs is plenty to see and do.
8. West Cork is famous for its food, tourism and craft products so when here look out for the Fushia Brand. This is a symbol of quality in West Cork and you’ll find it attached to many businesses in the West Cork area. When you see the Fushia Logo you know that you’re getting service excellence and a traditional quality product.
9. You’ll find a wide range of accommodation when you visit West Cork. If you’re on a budget then you’ll find plenty of choice to give you the best value for money. If you’re looking for more luxury you’ll definitely be able to find what you want in the many hotels in the West Cork Area.
10. There’s plenty going on in West Cork all year round, No matter what time of year you come, you’ll receive a warm welcome and find plenty to see and do.